follow me on Twitter

    Monday, December 03, 2007

    I SURRENDER ALL

    I have wrestled in the darkness of this lonely pilgrim land
    Raising strong and mighty fortresses that I alone command
    But these castles I've constructed by the strength of my own hand
    Are just temporary kingdoms on foundations made of sand

    In the middle of the battle I believe I've finally found
    I'll never know the thrill of victory 'til I'm willing to lay down
    All my weapons of defence and earthly strategies of war
    So I'm laying down my arms and running helplessly to Yours

    Chorus:
    I surrender all my silent hopes and dreams
    Though the price to follow costs me everything
    I surrender all my human soul desires
    If sacrifice requires
    That all my kingdoms fall
    I surrender all

    If the source of my ambition is the treasure I obtain
    If I measure my successes on a scale of earthly gain
    If the focus of my vision is the status I attain
    My accomplishments are worthless and my efforts are in vain

    So I lay aside these trophies to pursue a higher crown
    And should You choose somehow to use the life I willingly laydown
    I surrender all the triumph for it's only by Your grace
    I relinquish all the glory, I surrender all the praise

    Bridge:
    Everything I am, all I've done, and all I've known
    Now belongs to You, the life I live is not my own
    Just as Abraham laid Isaac on the sacrificial fire
    If all I have is all that You desireI surrender all

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home