follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, November 01, 2007

    It has been a long 4 months for me. Things are still the same as usual but recently there has been a lost in my family which is also my first close relative to pass away. My grandmother lost her battle with stomach cancer on Sunday morning an was called home peacefully. She was discharged from hospital last Saturday citing that the would not last long by the doctors but she lasted a whole week with even a few days where she was so awake that she could have long conversations and even sing!

    Above all in that 1 week, a very true lesson that stuck me through all this pain. God indedd has His timing for everything and everything is in His hands wether we like it or not. God allowed my grandma to last that 1 week to be a great testimony to the family and all those who came to visit her. She showed peace and comfort in the grace of God through her pain and even of the thought of staring at the doors of death waiting upon the Lord to call her home. In that week, the 1 thing that stands out above all that has gone through would be my grandpa finally accepting the Lord as his personal saviour last Tuesday. What a joy is it to the whole family and especially to grandma to finally have her deepest desire come true. It was indeed a day of great rejoicing. Even in her weakened state, grandma has a huge smile and laughter of joy after hearing grandpa saying the sinners prayer. Praise the Lord, to God be the glory!

    "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Matthew 6:25-27

    I know you're shining down on me from heaven, like so many friends we lost along the way. And I know eventually we'll be together, one sweet day.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home